When performing grueling construction work, you'd much rather use a JCB than a spade, right? That's what CloverDX is to data integration.
So, in this article, we'll take a closer look at building a robust data integration framework and why it matters.
First, we’ll cover what we mean by a robust data integration framework. Then, we’ll address the benefits of our approach and, finally, we’ll cover a couple of examples we’ve implemented.
What do we mean by a robust data integration framework?
Instead of thinking like a physical laborer, working with your hands, it’s better to think like a programmer or a manufacturer. That’s the approach we take with the integration frameworks we build for CloverDX clients.
With our robust frameworks, we ensure that similar, repeatable tasks have a framework/template that you can deploy with just a few modifications. Our frameworks are robust and flexible so they can adapt to meet the needs of the challenge.
This is crucial for businesses that deploy complex systems to their clients where they repeat the same process again and again. Here, the devil lies in the fact that each customer is unique in some way. So it's best to use a robust data integration framework to make things easier.
Productivity, automation, and solving for complexity
There are some critical reasons why we've chosen our approach. These include:
- Automation: Our frameworks rely on automation to create scalable and budget-friendly solutions that enable your IT staff to focus on bigger challenges. Also, we’ll factor things like error-handling into your automated integration framework so it won’t be an issue down the road.
- Solving for complexity: We’ll always find a solution, no matter the complexity. Not just because we're experienced, but also because the CloverDX platform has been built with automation and flexibility in mind. This allows our clients to perform steps in the business process automatically, within a single (CloverDX) platform, instead of saying, 'Oh, we can't do this in X.'
- Productivity: The CloverDX tooling empowers our clients to find their way around a problem much more quickly than they could otherwise. Yes, they still might end up with a potentially complex or extensive solution - because the problem is complex or extensive - but they'll get there in less time. And by using tools like data mapping and data modeling we'll make it easier for teams to collaborate, boosting productivity still further.
Here are a few pain points we've solved
We’ve got plenty of experience creating robust data integration frameworks.
- For one client, we built a solution that validates addresses automatically, removing the need to do it manually. Naturally, this boosted productivity dramatically.
- For another client, we improved collaboration between IT and business teams by bridging the traditional gap between data models and what's running in production.
- And, finally, we helped a client who managed Workday data migrations to build a framework so they didn't need to do each migration from scratch every time.
It’s rarely an off-the-shelf solution because each client will have a different existing data framework and different business goals. Crucially, if you work with us, you'll have the CloverDX platform and team at your side to get you the results you need.