How mundane can get complex
The most mundane transformation can quickly become nasty when deployed into a large, busy operational environment. For example ...
- You might need to trigger the transformation based on a whole range of system or application events
- Your transformation might need to launch and return results in real-time, perhaps from an API call
- The transformation could run thousands of times an hour and therefore need to be extremely robust and deliver notifications upon failure
- Your transformation can be a part of a much larger process and needs to be properly coordinated
- The transformation could me called from many other transformations and processes and so reusability is a critical factor